Monday, April 18, 2005

New I\O

Ok, so I have this idea for a new internet service. Basically, it is a network application browser, designed specifically to run programs, instead of display documents, like a web browser.

I work for Oracle, the world's #2 software company. So anyway, I send e-mail to Larry Ellison and the entire chain of management a presentation, pitching it as a way to pass up Microsoft to become the #1 software company. Here is a link to the presentation:

http://www.newio.org/~cnystrom/Dreadnought.ppt

So do I get a response? Even a polite thanks, but no thanks? No! I almost get fired! I get a letter of reprimand. You would think that companies would want people coming up with ideas to take the company to the next level, but alas, I am too far down the totem pole to be able to give ideas.

The funny thing is, in the compay handbook, under a section titled "Open Door Policy" it says that if any employees have any ideas for _Senior_ (emphasis mine) management to go ahead and send it in.

Ironic, huh?

Chris

No comments: