Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Outage

I apologize for an outage of about 26 hours that ended this morning to both the website and the app server. I lost a switch.

Build 50 added support for resizing the window. Build 51 added support for transparent image backgrounds.

I expect to finish porting Bob Pendelton's demo game next week, and release a new version of NewI\O at that time.

It seems to me that I need to improve the process of loading resources. I need to specify a slot for a resource to go into, and then send a message back the has information about the resource in that slot, information that may be useful to the program on the server.

For example, when an image is loaded I can send back information to the program about attributes of that information, such as its size, etc. This would be a seperate message, so that ap running on the server would not have to wait for the response, unless it chose to do so.

No comments: