Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dreadnought Browser Status

I am still not satisfied with the performance of the Dreadnought browser, so I have decided to use Bob Pendleton's Fest Event and NET2 libraries which can be found here. This will put networking in its own thread, and also allow me to go from two loops to just one. So far it does not seem too difficult to bolt them on. I have already added them in to the project with clean compiles, but the Dreadnought browser is now broken, until I fix some structural issues like combining the network queue and the event queue, and re-writing parts of my NewRPC protocol.

Alas, this means that documenting the other parts of the system, such as niod and nio_lib will have to wait.

And there are tons of API changes and additions I want to make. And then when that is all done, I really want to start using it myself to write some apps.

The problem is, there are just too many good things to do.

No comments: